Are you a happy owner of a dog? In this case, you are sure to know how emotionally challenging it can be to leave it at home when you have to go traveling. If you are uneasy about that, you do not have to do it. You can take your furry friend with you! Some of us do not do it just because they are afraid of having a lot of problems on the road when the dog is in the car. It comes as no surprise: a dog can create a lot of dirt and mess. Still, if you equip your vehicle with all the necessary dog accessories, you can forget about this trouble. In this blog, we will give you a small list of must-haves for your pet if you are planning to travel with it.
- Dog car seat belt. A dog should have the same access to safety equipment as all the other car passengers. That is why a dog car seat belt is among the top car accessories for dog owners, as your dog should be secured while sitting on the back seat.
- Step-in harness. If you do not like the belt option, you can prevent your dog from moving around your car with a step-in harness. It is made in such a way to work both in and out of the vehicle and will fit dogs of different sizes. Make sure to measure your dog’s chest and neck to ensure proper sizing before you decide to buy any type of travel harness to be sure this harness protects your dog the way it is intended to.
- Back seat barrier. Even if your dog is in a carrier, it could easily make its way into the front seat in case of an accident. So, install a back seat barrier.
- Dog car seat cover. To protect your car interior you should consider investing in a dog car seat cover, which is simply a piece of waterproof fabric that draped between the back of the front seats and back seats over the headrests. Do not overpay for very expensive ones. Your dog is unlikely to spoil it.
- Dog travel bowl. You should also consider buying a dog travel bowl and leave it folded up in your car’s glove box at all times. However, do not get annoyed at your dog in case it refuses to eat from this bowl. Give it time to get used to it.
- Dog car air freshener. We all know that dogs have a specific smell, which is particularly felt in the closed space. So, dog car air freshener is really worth buying. You will particularly value this purchase during hot months.
- Dog favorite toys. For your dog not feel bored during the trip, take its favorite toys for it to play with. Moreover, some dogs get really anxious during car trips. So, having their favorite toys around helps them to calm down much more easily.